King David encourages us in Psalm 34:8 to “Taste and see that the Lord is good. Blessed is everyone who takes refuge in him.” This verse reminds us of the importance of experiencing God’s goodness; and as we do, we will truly appreciate it all the more. Taste and see God’s love as you read his Word and receive his Sacrament. Taste and see God’s mercy as you find refuge in the good news of his forgiveness. Taste and see the goodness of God and live in the joy of his blessings. “O give thanks to the Lord for he is good…” (Psalm 118).
Schedule of Worship and Events
- Thursday, June 18, worship at 7 pm in our Family Life Center Gym
- Saturday, June 20, at 7 am, men’s Bible study in the fellowship hall
- Sunday, June 21, worship at 8 & 10:30 in our FLC gym and Bible class at 9:15 in the fellowship hall
- We continue to live stream our Sunday morning 10:30 service.
We have begun to again celebrate the Lord’s Supper during our regular worship services the first and third weekends of the month! We understand that some people many not yet feel comfortable gathering on campus for worship, and that for others it may not be advisable to return to on campus worship at this time. If this applies to you, but you would welcome a member of our pastoral staff to serve you private communion, either at your home or in the church office, please call us and we will arrange a visit. (Please note that some of the care facilities do not yet allow us on site. We must wait until those restrictions have been lifted before we can visit those facilities.)
We are pleased to announce that Mrs. Amanda Gronholz has accepted the Call to serve as a part-time teacher in our school for the 2020-2021 school year. We thank the Lord that he has led Mrs. Gronholz, Mr. Hahm (principal) and Pastor Hintz (pulpit assistant) to serve the Lord and his people at Our Savior.
Taste and See Combined Event
- The WELS Missions office is partnering with the Lutheran Women’s Mission Society (LWMS) to host an online event called Taste and See from June 27 – July 11. This first-of-a-kind event will combine the very best of Taste of Missions and the LWMS convention to provide all WELS members an opportunity to be an important part of gospel outreach occurring in the synod. A new website has been launched https://welstasteandsee.com/ that will host all of the videos and activities for the two-week event. Visit the website to register to participate and subscribe for e-mail updates regarding the online festivities.
- Some livestreamed events will be offered on the WELS Missions or the LWMS Facebook pages, or on the Taste and See website, at the following times: Saturday, June 27, am CDT – Opening worship; Wednesday, July 1, 7 pm CDT – Home Missions Q&A panel; Wednesday, July 8, 7 pm CDT – World Missions Q&A panel; and Saturday, July 11, 6 pm CDT – Closing worship, the commissioning of three world missionaries and one home missionary, followed by a Q&A panel with the newly commissioned missionaries. View the Taste and See website for more details.
Normally we show our church body’s video magazine, WELS Connection, every month. Because we currently aren’t able to show it on site during our worship services, you can view below:
“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18). Let us know of any prayer requests for the Prayer Circle or worship services.
Thank you for your financial support of God’s work at Our Savior!
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God” (Philippians 4:6).
Serving our Savior,
Pastor Wagner and Mr. Hering