SUNDAY MORNING ADULT BIBLE STUDY
September 13 to November 8
In the Old Testament there are many accounts of the rise and fall of kingdoms and family trees. How do these thousands of years of history relate to the gospel of Jesus Christ and our salvation? Based on the book His Hand Among the Nations printed by Northwestern Publishing House, Pastor Hintz will lead a discussion about the nations that surrounded God’s Old Testament people. We will see how God’s guiding hand worked for the good of his chosen ones to finally carry out his great plan of salvation for all nations through Jesus Christ. The study will assure us that even in the most difficult days, God’s hand holds onto us and guides us in saving faith along the way to eternal glory with him. This class will be taught in the Fellowship Hall on Sundays at 9:15am.
SPECIAL VOTERS’ MEETING
A special congregational Voters’ meeting was held Sunday, August 30. The Voters approved the following items:
- Our Lutheran elementary school’s Mission-Vision-Objectives (MVO) document.
- Replacing our teacherage roof.
- Funding for the school COVID cleaning plan.
- Refinance our current mortgage loan to lower the interest rate by 1.45%, adjust the term to 10 years, and add $50,000 to the loan amount.
College Roll Partner Program
The COLLEGE ROLL PARTNER PROGRAM exists to provide an opportunity for God’s people at Our Savior to pray for and to “serve, encourage, and contribute to the needs” of our college students through a simple, yet meaningful, partner program.
Final Weekend for our Gift Card Collection for our Newly Installed Staff and Their Families
As a welcome gift for our new teacher Mrs. Amanda Gronholz, principal Mr. Jonathan Hahm and pulpit assistant Pastor Mike Hintz and their families, we are collecting Scrip gift cards for them. This Sunday, September 6th is the last day of the gift collection. When ordering Scrip, please let us know which cards are for this collection. You can also mail or drop off a cash donation for Scrip gift cards at either the church or school office. If you choose to write a check, it must be payable to “Our Savior Scrip.”
Our Savior School Spiritwear 2020
Our Savior Warrior Wear can be purchased from Master Printwear. You can go to their website and place and pay for your order directly with Master Printwear.
This year, because of COVID, the school is limiting volunteers and visitors. However there are various ways you can help the school without being on campus.
- Do you sew, and have a machine? We are looking for some “break free” lanyards to be sewn so children do not drop their masks on the ground. This would require attaching some velcro to some ribbon.
- Would you be interested in making some shopping trips for Mrs. Hilgendorf and the lunch program?
- There are always weeds to pull on the property, the playground, all around the building, etc.
Please contact Mrs. Klug if you are able to help in any way.