OUTREACH EVENT AT SAINT JOHN’S ON THE HILLSIDE
St. John’s on the Hillside is a congregation located northwest of downtown Milwaukee in a tightly-knit neighborhood where over 50% of its population lives below the poverty line. They are having a Baby and Toddler Supply Drive to provide some of the physical needs that their population could truly use. This also enables this church family to meet the spiritual needs of their neighbors by sharing the love of Christ and His saving Word. St. John’s will distribute the baby and toddler items at their church on Saturday, October 10th.
We at Our Savior will help them by collecting items that they will distribute. We invite you to participate in this outreach effort by dropping off donated items here at church. Our donation deadline is October 4th. On Sunday mornings, please place your items in the Family Life Center lower lobby. On Thursday evenings, place items in the church lobby. You may drop off donations in the church office Monday – Thursday between 8 am and 3 pm. For a detailed list of what is needed please visit:
ARE YOU ABLE TO PROVIDE ANY OF THESE ITEMS?
- Pack and plays
- Baby and Toddler clothes (any size, any gender, newborn through size 5T)
- Diapers (any size)
- Baby blankets
- Non-perishable food items for babies and toddlers
- Baby carriers
- Boppy Pillows
- Diaper bags
- Baby shampoo, soap, lotion
- Tearless child shampoo, soap, lotion
- Baby playsets (walkers, floor mats, etc)
- Booster seats (the type used at kitchen tables, NOT booster car seats)
- Changing pads
Car seats of any variety will NOT be accepted.
Items can be new or used – however, please donate “gently used” items (no holes, no stains, not threadbare).
SUNDAY MORNING ADULT BIBLE STUDY
September 13 to November 8
In the Old Testament there are many accounts of the rise and fall of kingdoms and family trees. How do these thousands of years of history relate to the gospel of Jesus Christ and our salvation? Based on the book His Hand Among the Nations printed by Northwestern Publishing House, Pastor Hintz will lead a discussion about the nations that surrounded God’s Old Testament people. We will see how God’s guiding hand worked for the good of his chosen ones to finally carry out his great plan of salvation for all nations through Jesus Christ. The study will assure us that even in the most difficult days, God’s hand holds onto us and guides us in saving faith along the way to eternal glory with him. This class will be taught in the Fellowship Hall on Sundays at 9:15am.
SPECIAL VOTERS’ MEETING
A special congregational Voters’ meeting was held Sunday, August 30. The Voters approved the following items:
- Our Lutheran elementary school’s Mission-Vision-Objectives (MVO) document.
- Replacing our teacherage roof.
- Funding for the school COVID cleaning plan.
- Refinance our current mortgage loan to lower the interest rate by 1.45%, adjust the term to 10 years, and add $50,000 to the loan amount.