New this week – May 20, 2020
You likely recognize the following words from a beloved hymn, “Change and decay in all around I see; O thou who changest not, abide with me!” (“Abide with Me” stanza 2) What a comfort to know that during these times of change, uncertainty and pandemic, our God is with us, our God cares for us, our God is changeless. His love is steady and true. May God give you peace as you maneuver through the changes of life, knowing that you can place your fears on Jesus. Your greatest needs are already supplied when you have faith, forgiveness, and the certainty of heaven. May God give you wisdom as you make decisions and patience as you live under the decisions of others!
- Special Ascension Service this Thursday, May 21, live streamed at 7 pm (YouTube Channel)
- Sunday morning onsite worship beginning May 24 at 8 and 10:30 (See more details in the separate Worship Announcement sent to your email or mailbox.)
- We will continue to live stream our Sunday morning 10:30 service.
- The first Thursday onsite service will be Thursday, May 28.
Voters’ Meeting Summary
Our Voters assembled this past Sunday, May 17th. Following are some highlights:
- The Voters extended part-time one-year Calls for the 2020-2021 school year to Mr. Jon Hahm to serve as our school principal and to Mrs. Amanda Gronholz to teach a variety of subjects and grade levels in our school. Mr. Hahm was our school’s principal for the second semester of this past school year. Mrs. Gronholz is a member of St. Matthew in Port Washington. She and her husband, Phil, have three children, all of whom attend our school. She has assisted in our ministry in the past as a substitute teacher, coach, and helper in various areas. She taught previously at St. Croix Lutheran Academy in West Saint Paul, MN and at Kettle Moraine Lutheran High School in Jackson, WI.
- The Voters extended a pulpit assistant Call to Pastor Mike Hintz. Pastor Hintz retired after previously serving our church body as the Administrator of Evangelism. He has also recently served several congregations on a limited basis.
- Keep Mr. Hahm, Mrs. Gronholz and Pastor Hintz in your prayers as they deliberate their Calls, that the Holy Spirit would guide them to a peaceful God-pleasing decision.
- The following elections took place:
- Andy Koffman: 1-year term as Congregational Treasurer
- Chad Bloedel: 2-year term as Board of Education Chairman
- Jimmy Pautz: 3-year term as Board of Education Secretary
- Jeremiah Backhaus: 3-year term as Board of Elders Member
- The following appointments were reported:
- Budget and Finance Committee: Andy Koffman, Dianne Robertson, Craig Shanks
- Building and Grounds Committee: Ross Duemke, Nathan Grulke, Randy Lippert
- Outreach Committee: Matt Berger, Joel Fischer, Hilde Miller, Sarah Smith
- Spiritual Growth Committee: Len Collyard, Andrea Semmann, Stu Stein
- Stewardship Committee: Jordan Liesener, Scott Martens, Becky Sander, Hannah Wagie
- The Voters adopted the Ministry Plan/Budget for the 2020-2021 fiscal year
- The Voters authorized the submission of our congregation’s SBA Paycheck Protection Program loan application to assist our congregation with the financial uncertainty resulting from the recent Coronavirus mandatory shutdown. We highly anticipate that this loan will be fully forgiven.
- The Voters approved the establishment of two Endowment Funds (church and school) and related Bylaws.
- The Voters received reports concerning our current budget, Long Range Planning and COVID-19.
- The Voters thanked Mrs. Monica Dierker, who is retiring after faithfully serving in the teaching ministry for 40 years, 30 of which she served here at Our Savior. They also thanked Mr. Hering for his 40 years of ministry service (21 here at Our Savior).
- The Voters thanked our outgoing board and committee members for their years of service.