How richly we value our citizenship! With the Apostle Paul, we can proclaim that “our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ…” (Philippians 3:20). Yes, we value, above all else, the fact that through faith in Jesus we are members of God’s family, citizens of his kingdom! We are members of a kingdom that will never end. Our King loves us perfectly. We, along with all believers, are co-heirs with Christ, awaiting the full glory of our eternal inheritance, which we will share with Christ. We are citizens whose King always wants what’s best for us; He rules for our good. He intercedes for us before our Father in heaven. Our King died, rose, and ascended for us! Our King saved us!
Let us never stop giving thanks for the blessing of being a citizen in God’s kingdom, living in his grace now and looking forward to experiencing the fullness of his glory later.
The Lord has blessed us with another citizenship; one which we just celebrated a few days ago. May God defend our nation and protect us from all foes who would threaten our land from within and outside our borders.
*Please note that there will be two publications of NEWS TO NOTE in July, this one and a second one in two weeks.
Let us know of any special prayer requests for the Prayer Circle or worship services. “And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and keep on praying for all the saints” (Ephesians 6:18).
“I pray that out of his glorious riches God may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith” (Ephesians 3:16-17).
With Independence Day just days away, I grabbed a prayer book my grandparents gave me in 1972. What follows are some thoughts gleaned from one of the Independence Day prayers:
- Let us be thrilled as we remember the greatness of our country’s past and give God thanks for the blessings we have enjoyed through the years.
- Let us treasure and appreciate our dearly won liberty, including the freedom of worship, which is the very cornerstone of our country’s glory.
- Let us at no time misuse our freedoms nor neglect to praise God’s holy name.
- Let us appreciate the peace and order maintained by our government.
- Let us be willing to share in the process of this democratic rule, to respect our country’s laws, to work and pray for the preservation of its institutions, and to serve our country wherever possible.
- Let us pray for God to protect us and all citizens from all subversive opinions, and for God to keep our government leaders from falling prey to selfish interests.
- Let us remember that the Lord is ruling the destiny of people and nations and that the future rests in his good counsel.
- Let us and all citizens turn our hearts to that freedom which delivers from sin and death and which only our Savior can give us.
May God bless us and may God bless America!
Installation Date Set
We are thankful that the Lord led Pastor Hintz, Mr. Hahm and Mrs. Gronholz to accept their Calls to serve as Our Savior. Their installation will take place on Sunday, August 2nd.
Thank you for your financial support of God’s work at Our Savior through your offerings, whether placed in the plates while at worship, dropped off inthe church office, directly mailed from banks, or given online through Vanco or through Vanco’s mobile giving app GivePlus Church.
Let us know of any special prayer requests for the Prayer Circle or worship services. “Pray continually” (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
“We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May you unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you”